CopBlock.org site changes. Got feedback?
Things have changed quite a bit in the almost two years since CopBlock.org was founded by Ademo in Wisconsin. As we aim for transparency, just wanted to share a bit about our continued efforts to improve the site.
Our end-goal is to have an informative yet easy to navigate site to better-advance our mission: police accountability, education of individual rights and the dissemination of effective tactics to utilize while filming police.
Hopefully one day the site won’t be needed. But today it is, more than ever. Changes are sorted below by “back-end” and “front-end”
Whether you’ve followed Cop Block since the beginning or are a first-time visitor, what suggestions do you have on how we can do things better? Let us know
You might have had problems accessing CopBlock.org in the past couple months thanks to DoS attacks. No longer. Hopefully:)
Liberty Web Alliance led a core group of tech-savvy folks to migrate the site, and the rest of the LWA stable, to a new server housed at Steadfast Networks (Duel core Sandy Bridge). We’re also using FreeBSD and cPanel/WHM.
The team is also hardening the site and making some other tweaks to keep information free and accessible. If you have skills in the area and want to collaborate or be a resource going forward let us know
Like what we’re doing on this front? Please help out by donating to Liberty Web Alliance or to Cop Block.
We’re looking at around $200/mo. for hosting. Our friends at NeverTakeAPlea.org have pledged to cover $75/mo. Can you help chip away at the difference?
- replaced the ‘contributors’ page with an ‘about‘ page and restructured its content, including linking to those in the greater CopBlock network
- tightened-up the ‘be active‘ page
- alphabetized the navigation bars
- on the right sidebar (from top):
- added a graphic to bring attention to the threats levied at Ademo from persons in Manchester, NH for his belief that public officials are ‘on the job, on the record’
- added a graphic to bring attention to Cop Block mobile apps
- made the ‘archives‘ drop-down more-visible
- added a widget to display the last dozen posts on CopBlock.org
Again, if you have thoughts on how we could do things better at CopBlock.org let us know. Or even better, join us! We’re a decentralized organization. You’re able and encouraged to use whatever content we create. If you have ideas or want to collaborate let us know. We’re in this together.