Radley Balko, who many of us know and love (unless you’re a corrupt or heavy-handed police employee), may be coming to your area to speak about his book Rise of the Warrior Cop.
If you’re in or around any of these towns, I encourage you to go and meet Radley, then listen, think, and act.
- August 17, 2:20pm, Austin, Texas, Police Accountability Summit, sponsored by Peaceful Streets Project: Speech and book signing.*
- August 24, 1pm, Libertas Found, 5430 West Chester Rd., West Chester, Ohio: Book signing. Sponsored by the Ohio Libertarian Party.
- August 29, 7pm Salt Lake City Public Library, Salt Lake City, Utah: Speech and book signing, sponsored by Students for a Sensible Drug Policy at the University of Utah.
- September 03, noon, University of Memphis Law School, Memphis, Tennessee: Speech, book signing. Sponsored by the University of Memphis Federalist Society.
- September 05, Time TBA, Indy Reads Books, Indianapolis, Indiana: Book signing, sponsored by the Marion County Libertarian Party.
- September 18, 6:15pm, Roosevelt University, 430 S. Michigan Avenue, Angel Reading Room, Chicago, Illinois: Speech, panel discussion, and book signing. Co-sponsored by the American Civil Liberties Union Illinois, Chicago Alliance against Racist and Political Repression, Illinois Campaign to End the New Jim Crow, Mansfield Institute for Social Justice & Transformation (Roosevelt University), National Lawyers Guild (Chicago), People’s Law Office, Project NIA, TruthOut, Women’s All Points Bulletin
- September 26, Time, Location TBA, Bloomington, Indiana: Speech and book signing. Sponsored by
- October 15, Time, Location TBA, Mobile, Alabama: Speech and book signing. Sponsored by the Mobile Federalist Society.
- October 17, Time TBA, Independence Institute, Denver, Colorado: Book forum. Sponsored by the Independence Institute.
- October 21, Time TBA, University of Colorado Law School, Boulder, Colorado: Speech and book signing. Sponsored by the University of Colorado Federalist Society.
For those of you in Nashville, DC, or Philly I’m sorry to say that you may have missed your chance – Radley passed through in July.
*Jacob Crawford and I have plans to interview Radley next weekend in Austin (as part of our first stop on the Police Accountability Tour). Do you have any specific questions you’d like us to ask?
Head over to Radley’s personal site, The Agitator for a more extensive list of related content, including book reviews, book excerpts, and video interviews. The video above was one identified by Radley as “really great.”