Cop Block is a decentralized project supported by a diverse group of individuals united by their shared goal of police accountability.
Cop Block is committed to highlighting the double standard often granted to those in uniforms and with badges. We do this by raising awareness and providing support to victims of police abuse and other related institutional injustice. By documenting police actions whether they are illegal, immoral, or just a waste of time and resources, then agitating against the individuals responsible (ideally while recording and then later sharing), we can work together towards transparency and a real impact on issues of police accountability.
CopBlock.org serves as a resource for education and awareness on individual and civil rights. We encourage constructive discourse and knowledge through the dissemination of different viewpoints and tactics in order to combat both the frequent violations of civil rights and the lack of accountability in modern policing.
We do not “hate cops.” We simply believe that all human beings have equal rights; no one class or group of people has any more rights than another just because of their job. The failure and inability of to realize and act on this philosophy is to the detriment of all individuals. By focusing the disinfecting light of transparency on public officials, we safeguard not only our rights but those of future generations.
Those of us volunteering at CopBlock.org do not condone the initiation of force. As a general practice, we do not enforce intellectual property claims of any sort, and encourage everyone to use Cop Block information, logos, graphics, etc. to join the fight and contribute to activism in their preferred manner.
Individuals Active at CopBlock.org
- Ademo Freeman: Ademo is the founding member of CopBlock and a blogger, videographer and activist. His involvement at CopBlock.org is to create content, manage the CopBlock Network, facilitate CopBlock’s social networks and connect with other CopBlockers nation wide. View Ademo’s work here.
- Pete Eyre: Pete helped found CopBlock.org in 2010 and has created videos, blog and several of the resource pages at CopBlock.org. See his post here.
- Kelly Patterson: Kelly is the Editor of CopBlock.org and Founder of Neveda CopBlock. Aside from creating his own content and conducting CopBlocking on the streets of Las Vegas, Kelly also assists other CopBlock Contributors and manages the content flow at CopBlock.org. He’s also the mastermind behind the CopBlock Press Badges – get yours here. Read Kelly’s content here.
- Georgia Sand: Georgia is a CopBlock Contributor and featured writer. She’s been a part of CopBlock almost from the start and leads CopBlock’s Killer Cops Series. See her blog post here.
- Joshua Hotchkins: Joshua is a CopBlock Contributor and original content creator at CopBlock.org. He’s a new addition to the site, joining in 2015, but has hit the ground running. His dedication and unique writings have made a splash here at CopBlock.org, see here.
- Asa Jay: Asa is another new contributor to the site but brings years of experience to the table. Aside from being CopBlock.org’s featured staff writer, who breaks police brutality stories like no other, he’s also the editor of his own site – PoliceStateDaily.com. See his CB contributions here.
- Danny Florez: Danny is the founder of MO CopBlock, blogger, graphics guru and assists with the social network and editor duties. Aside from his involvement here, he also runs NoMastersNoSlaves.com. See his CB contributions here.
- Janel Florez: Janel is the founder of Women of CopBlock and participates at MO CopBlock. She’s also a submission editor and contributor to CopBlock.org. You can see some of her work here.
- Kate Ager: Kate is a long time CopBlock contributor having managed the CopBlock Store, editing duties and authored many of the Police Accountability Reports. Currently she’s editing submissions sent in via submissions, conducting research and providing leads to other contributors. You can see some of Kate’s work here.
- Deo Odolecki: DEO is the founder of GreaterCleveland CopBlock, participates in Ohio CopBlock and admins/networks with several other CopBlock offshoots. He’s currently the CopBlock Store manager, CopBlock Radio co-host and CopBlock contributor. You can see DEO’s post here.
Let’s create a better reality.
Help us share with more people the paradigm-shifting fact that Badges Don’t Grant Extra Rights.