A reader, who goes by the pseudonym “Mindfire” on YouTube, shared the video content below, regarding the service several employees of the Pinellas County (FL) Sheriff’s Dept. provided to him recently, via the Cop Block Submissions page.
As stated in the video description and the commentary included below, it seems more likely when watching the video that this is yet another instance of someone being wrongfully arrested while lawfully filming the police: “I was filming a search of a vehicle across the street from my house. I was not interfering one bit and backed up when the officer asked. I was charged with obstruction. The officer lied in his report.”
Date of Incident: February 12, 2015
Individuals Involved: Deputy Tyler Green and at least one other unidentified employee of the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Dept.
Outfit Involved: Pinellas County (FL) Sheriff’s Department
Internal Affairs Contact: Captain Raymond Whiteley
Area Cop Block Affiliate: There are numerous Cop Block groups (see bottom of post for list of known affiliates) within Florida, including Tampa Bay Cop Watch. In addition, if you live outside Florida, you can find the appropriate affiliate in your area by consulting the Cop Block Groups page or by Starting a Local Group.
Last night, I was arrested for filming a traffic stop. I was in my backyard when I saw flashing lights. I looked out to see a man being frisked and grabbed my phone to record the incident for the man.
When I got there, they were searching the mans car and I asked if he had given consent. The officer who had the man detained had seen me walk up and answered,”We didn’t need it.” The cop who was searching the vehicle only noticed me at that point.
When he saw I was filming, he came straight for me tell me to get back, even though I was not near them. I backed up slowly and the officer pursued me. He continued to tell me to back up while reaching for his handcuffs. All the while, I was backing up. He then placed me under arrest while all I did was simply film and comply with his “legal” orders. I’ve posted the whole encounter on YouTube already.
I’ve also attached a photo of the police report which you can see does not match up with what happened in the actual video.
NOTE: No permission is needed to share this post, or any content housed at CopBlock.org. Ideas have consequences – the more good ideas are shared the better we all are. Help fuel our efforts – donate Bitcoin: 1D6hdGKcFfzciJaMSLU6X1Tq69fcCsEh65
- Charlotte County FL Copwatch –Facebook / Twitter / Youtube / email@example.com
- Collier Cop Block – Facebook / Twitter / firstname.lastname@example.org
- CopBlock Cape Coral – Facebook
- Cop Block Central Florida – Facebook / Twitter / Youtube
- Fort Myers Cop Block – Facebook
- Florida Cop Watch – website – Facebook / Twitter / email@example.com
- Orlando Cop Watch – website / Facebook
- Lake County Cop Block – Facebook / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manasota Copwatch – Facebook
- Marion County Cop Watch – Facebook / email@example.com (read: Marion County Cop Block)
- Miami Cop Block – Facebook
- Ocala Cop Block – Facebook / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panhandle Cop Block – Facebook / Twitter / email@example.com
- Pensacola Cop Block – Facebook / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarasota Cop Block – Facebook
- South Florida Cop Block – Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr
- Tampa Bay Cop Watch – Facebook / Twitter / UStream / email@example.com
- Treasure Coast Cop Block – Facebook