A Houston, Texas cop was recently caught on video illegally detaining protesters and threatening them with his department-issued assault rifle. His reason? Protesters were spouting what he called “Constitutional bullsh**.”
The video was recorded by Open Carry Texas and uploaded to their YouTube channel after a recent peaceful assembly where they advocated for “Constitutional Carry,” which is already legal in Texas when it comes to rifles of any sort (scroll down for video).
The group passed out flyers and pamphlets at the protest, in order to inform locals about the Constitutional and state-acknowledged right to carry firearms for self-defense. The group wants to see Texas allow open carry of handguns as well, and they are actively working to promote legislative changes to accommodate Texans who chose to carry openly.
What’s interesting is, in the part of the video pointed at the cops seat, starting at about the 13 minute mark. He doesn’t realize the camera is still running and admits he had no probable cause to stop the young man in the first place! Then he starts trying to be friendly to get him to talk. Good job keeping quiet. You have the right to remain silent. Do you have the ability?
Texas Cop Block Affiliates
- Amarillo CopBlock – Facebook / YouTube
- Bryan/College Station Cop Block – Facebook
- Corrupt Frisco Texas Cops – Facebook
- Cop Watch El Paso – Facebook
- Dallas Cop Block – Facebook / YouTube / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston Cop Block – Facebook / Youtube
- Lewisville Cop Block – Facebook / Youtube / email@example.com
- Mesquite Cop Block – website / Twitter
- North Texas Cop Block – Facebook
- Peaceful Streets Project – Austin – website / Facebook / firstname.lastname@example.org (read: Peaceful Streets Project is Leading the Way)
- Peaceful Streets Project – Houston – Facebook
- Tarrant County Peaceful Streets Project – Facebook
- Texas Cop Block – Facebook / email@example.com
- White Settlement Cop Block – Facebook