In a handful of headlines recently we’ve seen that police make a fuss when they are refused service at local eateries. That’s interesting, as police themselves do not engage in voluntary interactions.
All the bellyaching in the world won’t change the fact that police who demand consensual interactions while themselves engaging in coercive interactions are just plain hypocritical.
- Red & Black cafe shows Portland officer the door, won’t sell him coffee again by Lynne Terry http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/red_black_cafe_shows_portland.html
- Were NYPD EMployees Denied Service at Chipotle? http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/chipotlenypd.asp
- Jimmy John’s Employee Refuses Service to a Cop; Loses Job by Brian Sumner http://www.copblock.org/137310/jimmy-johns-employee-refuses-service-to-a-cop-loses-job/?cbaf=31
- Denny’s Restaurant Refuses to Serve Gun Toting Police Officer http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2013/01/dennys-restaurant-refuses-to-serve-gun-toting-police-officer-2552260.html
- Armed Off Duty Cop Wasn’t Served at Chuck E Cheese by Brian Sumner http://www.copblock.org/jimmy-johns-employee-refuses-service-to-a-cop-loses-job/?cbaf=31
- Police Officer Refused Service at Arby’s, Police Department Demands Apology by Dylan Donnelly http://www.copblock.org/service-at-arbys/?cbaf=31
- Entitled Cop Outraged At Starbucks Employee Who Was Just Doing Her Job by Joshua Scott Hotchkin http://www.copblock.org/cop-outraged-at-starbucks/?cbaf=31
- Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant Refuses To Serve Police Officers Because Of Their Guns by Hunter Stuart http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/buffalo-wild-wings-police_n_2974047.html