This video was submitted by long time CopBlock Network Contributor Marcus Potter, in which two gentleman are harassed at their home by the police and a representative of the television company. Claiming their only purpose is to prevent a breach of the peace, the constable attempts on multiple occasions to gain entrance into their residence. However the only reason the people from the television company wanted in was to check for the presence of televisions.
December 18th 2012
Sgt. Scott Kingsnorth 70553
Essex Police Website
A man opened his window to TV licensing goon Ian Doyle and Essex Police Sgt. Scott Kingsnorth at home. Kingsnorth then serves the householder with a warrant that he is not executing and lies about it being a criminal warrant, quoting the Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) that has no relevance whatsoever as it is a civil warrant. He should not have even been in possession of the warrant, let alone attempting to execute it on behalf of the British Broadcasting Corporation(BBC).
Eventually, Doyle returned and read the householder the PACE caution before informing him that he has just committed an offense by obstructing him and will be taken to criminal court. The alleged obstruction is that the householder has not allowed Doyle entry to his own home to execute a civil search warrant. This is despite the fact that both Doyle and Kingsnorth have lied about it being a criminal search warrant.
Eventually, Doyle, Kingsnorth, and a few more goons as well as police officer leave the property and drive away. The householder was served with a summons to attend the local magistrate’s court to answer the charge of obstructing the warrant. He pleaded not guilty and was told to come back for his trial. After his trial took place, he was found guilty of the offense of obstructing a search warrant and fined.
A TV licensing search warrant is a warrant allowing an enforcement officer working for or on behalf of the BBC to search a premises which is not covered by a TV license for a television that is being watched.
If you have a video, personal story involving police misconduct and/or abuse, or commentary about a law enforcement related news story, we would be happy to have you submit it. You can find some advice on how to get your submission published on the CopBlock Network within this post.
- London Police Restrain CopBlocker Being Harassed While Filming “For His Own Safety”
- Cops Assault Cameraman on Suspicion that He May Be A Terrorist
- London Metropolitan Police Assault Cameraman
- London Ministry of Defence Police Officer And Employee Assault Videographer for Filming in Public
- British Cop Block Cheeriness Makes America Look Like the Texas of the World
- Suffolk Police Threaten To Arrest Cameraman; Play Good Cop Bad Cop
- Suffolk Police Assault and Unlawfully Arrest Cameraman
- London Metro Police Unlawfully Detain and Search Man Filming at Wembley Stadium
- British Transport Police Officers Kidnap and Assault UK Copblocker For Filming Police
- City of London Police Assault Woman For Arguing During Detention
- Norfolk England Police Unlawfully Detain And Search UK Cameraman
- London Metropolitan Police Unlawfully Detain and Search UK Cameraman For Filming in Public
- Norfolk England Police Assault Then Unlawfully Arrest UK Cameraman For Filming in Public
- Suffolk Constables in the United Kingdom Kidnap English Cameraman
- Norfolk England Constabulary Police Illegally Kidnap Cameraman in the UK for Filming in Public
- London’s Metropolitan Police Harass; Attempt to Take Advantage of Autistic Cameraman
- Cambridgeshire Police Officers Illegally Assault UK Cameraman for Filming in Public
- Norfolk England Constabulary Police Community Support Officers Threaten To Have UK CopBlocker Arrested
- London Metropolitan Police Attempt to Demand ID From Cameraman at Hackney One Carnival
- London Metropolitan Police Constables Claim You Need Permission to Film Specific Individuals in Public
- Norfolk England Police Turn A Blind Eye as Security Guard Assaults Man for Filming in Public
- Norfolk Police Disregard Threat From Security Guard and Instead Arrest Man For Filming
- Norfolk Constabulary Special Constable Refuses Collar Number
- Norfolk Constabulary Officers Ignore Threat From Security Guard Again
- Norfolk England Police Community Support Officer Calls US National Anthem a “Fascist Soundtrack”
- Norfolk Constabulary Refuses FOIA Request for Details of How They Would Respond to Zombie Attack
- Home Office Immigration Officer And Norfolk Constabulary Detective Constable Assault UK Cameraman
- Norfolk Constabulary Kidnap UK CopBlocker Marcus Potter for Publicly Filming Cops Outside a McDonald’s
Police Comics #2 Nm 9.4