Police checkpoints suck! If you’re not hurting anyone, no one has the right to impede your freedom of movement, or to demand your papers, or to search your person or property.
Fortunately, we’re starting to look out for each other – warning with signs, or via twitter, and now… there’s the green beam laser!
Use this technology to have a huge impact in your area and help keep your community safe. Or use it to share thought-provoking quotes, or to give the details for an upcoming event.
The green beam laser – it’s badass!
Get your own Green Beam Laser by emailing Manchester, NH-based entrepreneur and activist Bill Domenico: firstname.lastname@example.org
(As I noted on a previous post, you may want to pool your resources – say, get some friends to each chip-in a little bit so y’all can together put this Green Beam Laser to work. Maybe something some of the more-active Cop Block groups could do?)
Update Sept. 23rd, 8pm EST Bill Domenico responds to FAQs:
Thanks for taking the time to inquire about the Green Beam Laser Projector and thank you for your support of Copblock.org.
- How much does it cost: $1500 US, Delivery in 14 – 21 days.
- How do I pay: Via Paypal, My account name is the same as my email address.
- What is included: A professional quality one Watt green laser projector, USB DAC interface and control software.
- What you need to provide: A sturdy tripod, Windows laptop, A DC to AC inverter, (12VDC to 110VAC @ 300W)
- How is it powered: Easiest is from your vehicle power with a DC to AC inverter. You can also power the with an external 12V battery and inverter. I would suggest minimum of 35AH for 2-3 hours of continuous use.
- How to project a message: Simply enter the text you want to project into the “text” box” in the included software and click “start”. You can string several messages together with a pause between each one as well. For example, LIVE FREE or DIE….RON PAUL 2012….GOOGLE COPBLOCK.ORG….ROMNEY = OBAMA = ROMNEY=, You get the idea. If your dealing with cars passing by, the message needs to be brief. If you project at a traffic light you have more time.
- Can it work in daylight: Under normal indoor lighting the laser is still very readable. Outdoors in daylight would not be effective unless projecting into a shadowed area.
- Can I make my own graphics: Yes, also included is the ability to project vector graphics. Many pre made graphics are included. Text can be done as vector art as well.
- NOTE: messages look better in person than in the video. The capture rate of the camera conflicts with the 12-14FPS projection rate of the laser.
- There is no brochure or web site associated with this project. This is a “grass roots” effort.
Related write-ups from Domenico that were originally published in Freedom’s Phoenix online magazine – the first in the September 2012 edition, Power to the People on and the second in the August 2011 edition Gardening, Mini-Farming, and Self-Sustainability.
Green Beam Laser Helps Keep Manchester Safe September 3rd, 2012
Laser Projector Copblocks Police Checkpoints August 20th, 2012