The post below was originally published to LibertyWebAlliance.com (LWA). Our friends at LWA have been integral to the growth and impact of CopBlock.org – and more importantly, to the spread of the ideas behind this decentralized project.
In addition to hosting CopBlock.org and providing much behind-the-scenes IT support, LWA hosts and helps get off-the-ground many of the Cop Block offshoots that have websites.
To be clear, without LWA, Cop Block wouldn’t be what it is today. If you have the means, consider supporting their efforts.
- the video “Help Maximize Cop Block’s Impact“, which includes this passage: “… another vital component I hope to have better-funded is our IT, which is quite literally the backbone of our operations, specifically the hosting that’s provided by Liberty Web Alliance“
- posts made to CopBlock.org that reference Liberty Web Alliance
by Liberty Web Alliance
It is with mixed emotions we celebrate CopBlock‘s 3rd anniversary of educating people that “badges don’t grant extra rights”.
- On the one hand, it’s encouraging to see how many people have been reading CopBlock and how it has grown.
- On the other hand, as Pete Eyre would say, we would rather a day come when this type of public spotlight and activism is no longer needed.
So it is with optimism and sadness that CopBlock must continue on.
Right now the site is averaging about 4,500 visits per day. We hate doing the whole begging for money thing but just remember that keeping a site with this amount of traffic up-and-running, loading quick, and secure from attacks is expensive in both time and money. If you place value on our impact please support us.
We believe in this so much that we do this whether the community support it or not but it sure makes it easier when we aren’t alone.
There are also dozens of CopBlock sub groups that have sprung up.
View all of Archive.org’s CopBlock snapshots
- Become a fan of CopBlock on Facebook
- Follow CopBlock on Twitter
- Subscribe to CopBlock on YouTube
- Support CopBlock by buying merchandise and donating