Terry Bressi (on behalf of Checkpoint USA), Ian Freeman (on behalf of Liberty Radio Network) and myself (on behalf of Cop Block) all agreed – Gavin Seim’s submission best addressed the contest criteria. For his efforts, Seim will be sent the Veho Muvi Gumball 3000 HD videocamera.
Watch Seim’s video entry, and see all other entries received: Congrats Garret Seim! Winner of The Checkpoint Contest
Not a fan of police checkpoints?
Do you recognize that no one, even if they wear a badge, has the right to impede your freedom of movement, or to search your property, when you’ve done nothing wrong?
The use of checkpoints has proliferated in “the land of the free”, especially since 9/11 and the accompanying security theater.
Whether that’s in the form of a DUI checkpoint in your town* or a now-permanent checkpoint on a road that never crosses the border**, more and more people are realizing what checkpoints are really about: control.
Educate others about checkpoints and their rights should they encounter one themselves, and you could win an an awesome HD camera that you can carry and/or dash-mount!
- A Veho Muvi Gumball 3000 Special Edition MUVI HD Camcorder will be awarded to the creator of the content that best demystifies roadblocks***
- Content can be in the form of a video compilation (such as this video), your own experience (such as, for me, this video), a narrative, art, relevant know your rights resources, etc.
- Deadline is midnight EST, Monday, April 8th, 2013 – just send an email with “Checkpoint Content Contest” in the subject line and the content (link to external URL, attachment, in text body, etc) to “firstname.lastname@example.org“
- The winner will be determined by a three judge panel – Terry Bressi from checkpointusa.org, Ian Freeman from lrn.fm, and Pete Eyre from copblock.org
- The winner will be contacted via the same email used to submit their content (so be sure it’s one you check) on/by April 22nd, 2013, their address solicited to mail the camera, and if agreed-to, interviewed (via phone/Skype/email/etc) for a follow-up post
The Checkpoint Content Contest is co-sponsored by:
- checkpointusa.org – Check Point USA is dedicated to confronting roadblocks to freedom wherever they may arise. Special attention will be given to physical roadblocks designed to impede the right of Americans to travel freely within our own country but attention will also be given to general violations of our right to privacy.
- copblock.org – Cop Block is a decentralized project supported by a diverse group of individuals united by their shared goal of police accountability.
- lfn.fm – LRN.FM is your source for the best liberty-oriented audio content, 24/7. You’ll hear live shows as well as the latest episodes of podcasts from around the world. Hit play on our stream or cam feed below to listen to LRN.FM around the clock.
- What are my rights at various “checkpoints”? via FlexYourRights.org
- checkpointusa on FreedomsPhoenix.com
- Fact Sheet on US “Constitution Free Zone” via ACLU.org
- Top DHS checkpoint refusals via YouTube.com/millsmost
- NH Law Enforcement Proves That Unconstitutional “Sobriety” Checkpoints Are Not Actually About Roadway Safety via Bradley Jardis at CopBlock.org
- Police State Checkpoint Nullification in Upper Moreland, PA via Darren Wolfe at CopBlock.org
- Chicago Police Roadblock via YouTube.com/GlobalCop
- How To Handle Checkpoints via Pete Eyre at CopBlock.org
- Police State USA: Land of the Checkpoints on Facebook
- If you drive on a highway; chances are the police are tracking you via Joe/ACLU at CopBlock.org
- Armed Citizens confront Nazi Checkpoint via David Freeman at CopBlock.org
- Austin Activists Dress up to Make a (Check)Point via Ademo Freeman at CopBlock.org
- Laser Projector Copblocks Police Checkpoints via Pete Eyre at CopBlock.org
* funded by a grant from the feds – remember, the coin provided via the grant was first stolen from someone via taxation, or printed out of thin air due to the fiat nature of federal reserve notes
** the border – an arbitrary political boundary used by criminal gangs to define their turf, and with it, people over whom they claim authority – has, according to the ACLU, has been turned into a “constitution-free zone”
*** the camera to be awarded is exactly the same as that pictured but unopened