UPDATE May 8, 2013 9:30PM EST
Guy Reynolds, the man wearing a black robe in Vernon Hershberger’s legalland venture, said yesterday at a pretrial hearing that the words “raw milk” can’t be uttered during the trial. Yes, this trial is about raw milk, but the combination of those two words is said to be prohibited. If Reynolds really cares about justice why would he demand others not mutter those words? At its core, this situation isn’t about raw milk, but about self-ownership.
Self-proclaimed “authorities” levied threats against Vernon Hershberger, who, on May 20th is slated to venture through legalland in Sauk County Wisconsin.
Hershberger’s alleged offense? He, his wife, their eight sons and 200 others in their private club, consume the milk and other related products from the cows they raise.
Fortunately Hershberger is standing on principle and many good folks are supporting his efforts. Already a few hundred have indicated their intention to be present.
SUPPORT VERNON HERSHBERGER:
No victim no crime!
Wisconsin Department of Justice
workplace of Eric Defort and Phillip Farris, who, in late 2011 drafted and filed the four complaints levied at Hershberger on behalf of a legal fiction they call “the State of Wisconsin”
Sauk County Sheriffs Office
workplace of Chris Zunker, who, in late 2011, visited Hershberger’s home and communicated the threat from DeFort and Ferris. Zunker claimed to just be doing his job.
Text from http://FarmFoodFreedom.org
Please attend Court in support of Vernon Hershberger!
1. Attend the trial and events.
2. Donate to Vernon’s legal defense fund or in support of “Grow Your Food Freedom.”
3. Bring Your own Raw Milk! This is a BYORM event! Stand in solidarity with Vernon and other peaceful farmers who are being criminalized for distribution of fresh milk! Bring your own to this event!
Schedule for the Grow Your Food Freedom Event
MONDAY, MAY 20, through FRIDAY, MAY 24, of the trial, we will host a catered lunch (Chipotle) and a catered dinner featuring local foods and drink in the Al Ringling theater across the street from the courthouse. lunch and dinner will have a cost but the proceeds are going to Vernon and other local food efforts. Each day will also feature a brief recap of the trial.
MONDAY – MAY 20, 2013
Mark McAfee and Michael Badnarik followed, most likely, by a screening of Farmageddon.
TUESDAY – MAY 21, 2013
Tuesday Ajna Sharma-Wilson, attorney from CA who worked with Rawesome, Deborah Evans from Bagaduce Farm in Maine, Mark Baker from Michigan and Alvin Schlangen from Minnesota will discuss challenges and successes in the food freedom movement. They will be followed by a debate on legalization vs decriminalization of raw milk moderated by David Gumpert. That will be followed by a discussion of food sharing structures. e.g. food clubs, coops, herd shares etc.
WEDNESDAY – MAY 22, 2013
Wednesday will feature Cornucopia Institute Founder, Mark Kastel who will be leading a discussion on “the bigger picture of food” including GMOs, getting a consumer base active and involved. That will be followed by a screening of Genetic Roulette.
THURSDAY – MAY 23, 2013
Joel Salatin from Polyface Farm in VA and Eustace Conway from Turtle Island Preserve in NC will join us for a discussion on food and farming freedom and David Gumpert will be speaking on and signing copies of his BRAND NEW (that is the first day it will be available) book, “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Food Rights.”
FRIDAY – MAY 24, 2013
is the last day and we will have lunch in the theater but not supper. After the trial we will meet in the nearby park (weather permitting) and discuss results and next steps. See you there!!!
Attending from out of town? Contact:
Transportation/Carpooling coordinator–Dick Suanders, email@example.com
Volunteer coordinator–Nicole Harpt–firstname.lastname@example.org
The Best Western Baraboo Inn has set aside a block of rooms for Mr. Hershberger and his supporters
Group Name: Hershberger Trial
608.356.1100 or 800.831.3881 (toll free) or BestWestern.com/BarabooInn
Arrival Date: May 19th, 2013
Departure Date: May 25th, 2013
*Guests may reserve a night for one or all of the nights that fall within the arrival and departure dates.
Room Rate: $60.00 (plus taxes)
Room Types: 1 King Bed or 2 Queen Beds (room rate is the same for either room type)
Please note that reservations will only be made at the $60 rate by calling our front desk directly.
- Farm Food Freedom Coalition FarmFoodFreedom.org & Facebook.com/FarmFoodFreedom
- Farm Food Freedom on Justin.TV (livestream) Justin.TV/FarmFoodFreedom
- Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund FarmToConsumer.org
- Farmers on Trial FarmersOnTrial.com
- Hershberger “Raw Milk Trial,” Sans Raw Milk by David Gumpert at TheCompletePatient.com
- Raw Milk Freedom Riders RawMilkFreedomRiders.com
- Courthouse Rally for Vernon Hershberger, March 2, 2012
- Food Freedom Rally in Support of Vernon Hershberger with Milk Activist Liz Reitzig 1/3
- Food Freedom Rally in Support of Vernon Hershberger with Milk Activist Liz Reitzig 2/3
- Let Them Eat Grass – The Food Freedom Revolution – First 6 minutes of a new documentary
- Peace News Now #109 Is Food Privacy A Right?
- Police Begin “Guns Drawn” Raids on Organic Food Stores in California
- The Chain of Obedience
- The Hershberger Raw Dairy Farm OFFICIAL VIDEO: Part 2 “The Court Summons”
- Vernon Hershberger speaks at Rally with Sheriff Mack
- What We Saw at the Lemonade & Raw Milk Freedom Day
John Whitehead, who late last year, through the Rutherford Institute helped to bring attention to the Brandon Raub situation, noted