“I feel more secure, knowing that I have a gun” – Sarah, who, after a background check, was given a shotgun and training for free, from some concerned community members active with the Armed Citizen Project (ACP), which has as it’s tagline “Deterring crime by empowering communities.”
Sarah lives in Oak Forest – a neighborhood of 400 homes in Houston that last year had over 100 home invasions.
Kyle Coplen, who founded ACP says:
The Armed Citizen Project is dedicated to facilitating the arming of law abiding citizens, and analyzing the relationship between increased firearm availability and rates [sic]. We are choosing mid-high crime neighborhoods in cities across America, and offering defensive weapons to citizens that can pass a background check, and that will take our safety, legal, and tactical training.
Also, as Casey Michel noted in Purportedly Nonpartisan Houston Nonprofit Seeks to Arm Neighborhoods, Observe Effects ACP plans to spearhead training courses in Dallas, San Antonio and Tucson.
Armed Citizen Project
- BOOM! Houston man ARMS neighborhoods ravaged with crime with FREE PUMP SHOTGUNS at TheRightScoop.com
- Armed Citizen Projects provides neighborhoods with free firearms at MyFoxHouston.com
- Houston Group Giving Away Shotguns In High-Crime Neighborhoods To Test If Crime Is Reduced at Houston.CBSLocal.com
- Oak Forest, Houston entry on Wikipedia
- Dale Brown of Detroit-based Threat Management Center is On-Point at CopBlock.org