Bitcoin-Fueled Content Contest
Congratulations to Deo from Cleveland for winning the Bitcoin-Fueled Content Contest!
Cop Block is decentralized. The more of us involved the bigger positive impact we’ll have. If you’re reading this post you realize the stakes. That’s why it’s so key to share ideas with others, and that’s where you come in.
The Quick Blurb:
Get paid in Bitcoin* to put a spotlight on double-standards claimed by police employees, people standing up for their rights, or anything else you deem relevant for readers of CopBlock.org.
The Detailed Blurb:
Write an article (1,000 word max) on the subject of how to get from here (the surveillance/police/nanny state/”legal” coercion, etc.) to the ideal (autonomy/consensual interactions/freedom coupled with responsibility, etc.). Your goal is to inform the reader of the situation we face, to explain why it’s important that they don’t remain apathetic, and to empower them to help bring about a positive change.
Structure and phrase your article as if it were to be published on the front-pages of the 10 most-circulated newspapers. Keep in mind that many, if not most of your audience has had their worldviews molded and manipulated by politicians, self-described “authorities,” and corporate media. Take all of this into consideration in the tone, angle, and framing of your piece.
We can’t promise coverage by lamestream media outlets, which of course regurgitate and print police reports and statements, but we will post the best responses to CopBlock.org, which receives ~150,000 unique views a month. Your article will receive substantial exposure and will influence a significant number of people.
Rules & Information:
- Write an up-to 1,000 word article on the subject set forth above. For purposes of your article, assume you have a captive audience of the general Joe Sixpack out there.
- To ensure you stay within the word count, you can copy/paste your text onto a site like http://www.wordcounter.net. As an example, the post To Be Governed Is To Be Controlled has about 750 words.
- Share your completed article via the form at CopBlock.org/Submit Include the words “Content Contest” in the text box at the bottom of the form labeled “Additional Non-published Comments.”
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59 EST on January 31, 2014
- Copblock.org will publish all submissions judged to be “good” and “excellent.” Authors of these pieces will be contacted via email to provide their mailing address, and will receive outreach materials from CopBlock.org (business cards, flyers, stickers, etc.), so be sure the email you include is one that you check.
- Authors of the top four entries will receive a hoodie of their choice from CopBlock.org/Store to help stay warm this winter.
- Authors of the top four submissions will be asked to submit four more articles – on topics or incidents of their choice – during the month of February, all of which will be posted on CopBlock.org. The four articles can be submitted at any time interval in the month of February, depending on what the author’s schedule allows. The deadline for submission of these four articles is 11:59 pm EST on February 28, 2014. Upon completion of all four articles in the specified time frame, the author will receive $100 in Bitcoin.
- In early March, all four pieces by each of the four authors will be included on one post, and CopBlock.org readers will be asked to vote on the author they believe most on-point. The poll will be live for one week (though the post itself will remain for as long as the site is online). The author with the most votes will receive an additional $200 in Bitcoin. The author with the second most votes will receive an additional $100 in Bitcoin. The author with the third most votes will receive an additional $50 in Bitcoin.
- Questions? Leave as a comment to this post or email to email@example.com
*New to Bitcoin? For the purposes of the Bitcoin-Fueled Creator Contest – assuming your essay is selected as one of the four best and you submit four pieces of content in February – all you have to do is to set up a wallet, which is a painless process via Blockchain.info. When you are to receive Bitcoin you’ll just share your public key with us and we’ll send you Bitcoin. It’s that easy. The Bitcoin is yours to use however you wish! Buy electronics via Bitcoinstore.com, gift cards via Gyft.com, pay for hosting of your own website via WordPress, use them for person-to-person consensual interactions, hold on to them in the hope that they’ll gain in value, or whatever you decide.
Learn about Bitcoin: WeUseCoins.com, A Bitcoin Primer, Bitcoin – The Libertarian Introduction, Bitcoin for Beginners, How Bitcoin with End the Nation State