This week Pete, Beau (the newest member of LibertyOnTour.com) and myself are in Greenfield, MA. We’re here to face the long arm of the
law, I mean state, and to defend ourselves from felony wiretapping charges, resisting arrest and trespassing. All of which stems from an incident in July 2010 at the Franklin County Jail (for more information see this meta post).
We’re slated for trial next Monday, July 18th, and will be mounting a huge campaign for accountability throughout this week. We’re able to do a lot on our own while on the ground but we could always use some help. While we’re focusing on interviewing others abused by the Greenfield PD, conducting outreach and increasing awareness, if you have the time and interest to help in a few other areas check out the list below. Thanks in advance for helping us hold those, who wrongfully arrested us, accountable.
How Can YOU Help?
Share Our Content on Your Social Networks
- Share the huge Meta post, which covers every blog, video and document(s) pertaining to our case(s).
- Share the “Greenfield, MA” playlist (23 videos) featured on CopBlock.org’s YouTube channel.
- Share the 27-min documentary style video that covers everything from July 2010 to February 2011.
Help Us Contact the Media
- Email local news outlets (Western Mass preferred but also Eastern, like Boston), Radio stations and bloggers. We’ve created a Press Release and Media Packet for you to share. Otherwise standard emails or phone calls encouraging other media outlets to share our situation with their audience is greatly appreciated.
Participate in A CopBlock.org Call Flood
- Jeff Bangston – (District Attorney prosecuting us) 413.774.3186 – ask him to do what’s right and dismiss our charges
- Todd M. Dodge – (arresting officer, Greenfield Police Department) 413.773.5411 ext. 1415 – ask him to think about his rights-violating actions
- William F. Martin – “Mayor, Greenfield” – 413-.772.1560 – ask him to make a public statement against our treatment/charges
Donate to CopBlock.org
- Normally we send those who donate $20 or more a T-shirt but this week, until the conclusion of our trial, if you donate $15 you’ll get your choice of an “Am I Free To Go?” or “I don’t talk to police. I record them” shirt.
- Donate for a video Intro/Outro or Power Power Post (your org’s banner at the end of our post $25 – see below for example)
- We’re also open to suggestions
Attend events in-town
- Friday, July 15th at 6pm – “Know Your Rights” presentation; Green Fields Market, 144 Main St., Greenfield, MA
- Monday, July 18th at 8am – trial – District Court Greenfield, MA (see event here)