Jackson, MS Injustice System Makes Clear Its Own Are Above the Law
Jason Baronich shared the information below about a corrupt sheriff who was later protected by friends in the injustice system.
Date of Incident: 2010 through 2014
Individual Responsible: Mike Byrd
Outfit: Jackson County (MS) Sheriff’s Department
Phone: (228) 769-3024
Mike Byrd, sheriff of Jackson County, MS was indicted on 29 felonies:
- 10 Fraud
- 10 Embezzlement
- 2 Hindering prosecution in 2nd degree
- 2 Witness tampering
- 1 Perjury
- 2 Subornation of perjury
- 2 Intimidating an officer in the discharge of his duties
- 2 Extortion
Read the 15-page indictment > http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wlox/Byrd%20Indictment.pdf
Extortion, embezzlement, witness tampering, kicked a man in the nuts while handcuffed on the car captured on dash cam destroying computer so it cant be evidence, doing a fundraiser for a choir that didn’t exist and pocketing the money, conducting surveillance on those who threatened his illegal operation, and numerous other charges.
Byrd, accompanied by lawyer Joe Sam Owen, went to court and got six months house arrest – tell me that’s fair.
- Byrd indictment details charges involving surveillance, sex from WLOX.com on August 30, 2013
- Sheriff Mike Byrd is now officially a felon from WLOX.com on December 10, 2014
- Has Mike Byrd violated house arrest agreement? from GulfLive.com on July 12, 2014
Mississippi Based Police Accountability Groups
- Mississippi Cop Block – Facebook