Share, in a one-minute video, why you film the police. You could be one of three winners to receive $50 in Bitcoin, two ounces of Cop Block Quarters (.999 silver), and t-shirts from Cop Block, Police the Police, and WeCopwatch.
Deadline: midnight EST Wednesday, January 07, 2015
Details and Entry Form: http://CopBlock.org/
Thanks to our longtime friend John Bush, the five-minute weekly report is again reporting the latest from the frontlines of the police accountability movement.
The Cop Block Store is re-opened!
If you’re in the market for some Cop Block gear (t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, sweats, badges, and more) you’re in luck. Props to Deo, founder of Greater Cleveland Cop Block, for spearheading this component – it’s a great example of the decentralization so key to our mutual effectiveness.
Cop Block is committed to the non-aggression principle.
As the issue of police accountability garnered more attention in 2014, those who wish to maintain the statist quo have unsurprisingly lashed out at those most-effectively sharing ideas and building communities centered on individual responsibility and a more just, peaceful society. Some commenters, rather than engage in healthy dialogue, have instead attacked the messenger. As is stated on http://CopBlock.org/About:
We do not “hate cops.” We simply believe that all human beings have equal rights; no one class or group of people has any more rights simply by the nature of his or her position or uniform. *The failure and inability of to realize and act on this philosophy is to the detriment of all individuals. By focusing the disinfecting light of transparency on public officials, we safeguard not only our rights but those of future generations.
- Cop Block Responds to Media Hit Pieces
- Cop Block is Committed to the Non-Aggression Principle
- Debunking Claims that Cop Block is a “Hate Group”
- Admin at Colorado Cop Block Strays from Non-Aggressive Mission
Cop Block is decentralized. We encourage constructive discourse and knowledge through the dissemination of different viewpoints and tactics in order to combat both the frequent violations of civil rights and the lack of accountability in modern policing. As a general practice, we do not enforce intellectual property claims of any sort, and encourage everyone to use Cop Block information, logos, graphics, etc. to join the fight and contribute to activism in their preferred manner. However, we dissociate ourselves from those who encourage initiatory violence to further their ends.
Some recent additions to http://CopBlock.org/Groups:
- Yellow Springs Cop Block (OH) – Facebook / YellowSpringsCopBlock@gmail.
com / P.O. Box 622, Yellow Springs, OH 45387
- Prestonsburg Cop Block (KY) – Facebook / email@example.com
- Cop Block Greece – Facebook
- Cop Block – 5 Boroughs of New York (NY) – Facebook / Twitter / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lima – Allen County Cop Block (OH) – Facebook
- Northern Virginia Cop Block – Facebook / NorthernVirginiaCopBlock@
- Cop Block Europe – Facebook
- Sheboygan Cop Block (WI) – website / Twitter / email@example.com
- Cop Block Jackson County (OR) – Facebook
- Cop Block & Anonymous Supporters – Facebook
- Cop Block Hawaii – Facebook