Extremely Rare - C. 1870's - 1917 Nypd Police Collection Lot 2
This item has been shown 2898 times.
Extremely Rare - C. 1870's - 1917 Nypd Police Collection Lot 2:
Selling my collections after more than 30 years. Offered at this time, are EXTREMELY RARE U.S. police memorabilia mainly from the NEW YORK POLICE DEPARTMENT, some MUNICIPAL. Many items offered would only be found in the best private collections, or museums and, if passed upon at this time, may never be seen again.These items, which I had collected while in the law enforcement community, are some of the items, remaining in my collection, as many of the pieces were previously donated to the Nat'l Law Enforcement Museum soon to open in Washington D.C.
UNFORTUNATELY these and following items were recently offered to the NLEM, but were declined due to financial constraints, and thus being offered for the first time to the general public.
OFFERED ARE EXTREMELY RARE EARLY c. 1880's to 1918 PERIOD MEMORIBILIA. MUCH SOUGHT AFTER, AND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION FOR BEING OVER 100 YEARS OLD. THESE ITEMS ''ARE RARE''. MANY ACTUALLY PURCHASED FROM POLICE MUSEUMS, AND COLLECTORS WHOSE COLLECTIONS OUTRANK MY OWN 10X's OVER. IF YOU LET THESE PASS FOR YOUR COLLECTION, YOU'LL CERTAINLY REGRET LETTING THEM GET AWAY.
OFFERED IN THIS LOT:
1. N.Y.P.D. SHORT TUNIC. CIRC. 1912-18. ORIGINALLY USED IN SPECIALITY UNITS SUCH AS MOUNTED, BIKE, MOTOR VEHICLE. MILITARY PIPING, HIGH COLLAR. NO MOTHING, BRIGHT COLOR.
***NOTE*** PATROLMAN SHIELD IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ***NOTE***
2. (1)UNKNOWN LEATHER BOUND "WASHER" NIGHTSTICK. WASHERS WERE STACKED OVER A INTERNAL ROD. THESE WERE THEN COVERED IN LEATHER. VERY TIGHT, WITH NO PLAY.
3.(1) LEATHER SPRING JACK.
4. A 9 1/2" IRISH BOG STICK. CARVED WITH SHAMROCKS ON A VINE, HARP, & FERN's. THESE WERE POPULAR WITH THE IRISH OFFICER's, AS THEY LONGED FOR SOMETHING FROM THE OLD COUNTRY. A BEAUTIFULLY CARVED EXAMPLE.
5.A SUMMER HELMET, ALSO UNKNOWN. WREATHED WITH A #1 OVER A DISK.
6. A PAIR OF ROSETOP HELMETS , ONE WINTER #6. HAS THE BRIM CURVATURE ASSOCIATED TO BOSTON. / ONE SUMMER #10, (UNKNOWN).
#6 IS STAMPED - M. LINSKY & BROS 39-41 CORNHILL BOSTON
GENERIC POLICE BELT CIRC. 1880's,
A PHILLIPS MECHANICAL NIPPER REFERRED BY COLLECTORS AS A "THIN" MODEL. PATENTED AUGUST 10 1869.
11. (9) POLICE PHOTO's OF VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS:
(1) N.Y.P.D. GROUP 53rd PRECINCT CIR. 1909.
(2) PHOTO's OF THE SAME OFFICER IN VISOR/HELMET WEARING 1902 - CURRENT SHIELD. WEARING 1898 CONSOLIDATION HELMET BADGE. WEARING 1905 SINGLE PCT#63 ON LEFT COLLAR. HAS MIN. 12 YEARS SERVICE.
(1) N.Y.P.D. SERGEANT #29 SIGNED "CAPT. CROSS". WEARING MUNICIPAL POLICE SGT. SHIELD (1872-1889. ADAM A. CROSS APPOINTED OCT. 16th 1878. LISTED IN 1885 BOOK "OUR POLICE PROTECTORS".
(1) N.Y.P.D. PATROLMAN #6374 WEARING 1902 SHIELD, 1898 HELMET SHIELD, 1905 PCT. #79 ON COLLAR. "POSTCARD".
(1) NEW ORLEANS POLICE CIR. 1870s.
***NOTE NO LONGER AVAILABLE*** CINCINNATI POLICE OFFICER DRAWING NIGHTSTICK 1880's - 90's. ***NOTE NO LONGER AVAILABLE***
(1) CHICAGO POLICE OFFICER #364 CIR. 1860's - 70's.
(1) SIGNED 1893 SILAS D. HENENWAY? WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS. ALL pictures are of other items which WILL BE INCLUDED AS WELL WITH FREE SHIPPING w/in the U.S.Offered for future sales, will include other lots of U.S. Police items, and should any interest be made regarding these other items, I will place them up earlier if possible. Items will include Police, Authentic Confederate War of Secssession, Military postcards, Connoisseur Toy Soldiers.
All purchased items will be insured for their value: you can offer with confidence. Be assured that your purchase will be given the care and respect that I myself would require.
(FREE SHIPPING WITHIN UNITED STATES).(ALL OTHER COUNTRIES ONLY ACTUAL POSTAL RATES ARE CHARGED ANYWHERE). NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES INCURRED (if any), BY FOREIGN NATIONS.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE BEFORE PURCHASING. YOU CAN SEND A MESSAGE THROUGH OR CALL ME AT M-F 09:00 - 21:00 hrs. Eastern Standard Time, United States, WITH ANY BUYERS ARE WELCOME!
I PACKAGE ALL ITEMS WHEN A offer IS PLACED, AS TO EXPEDITE THE SHIPPING PROCESS (for the buyer). RECENTLY A FEW BUYER'S HAVE "NOT PAID", DESPITE BEING CONTACTED IN A POLITE MANNER.BECAUSE OF THIS I AM FORCED TO PLACE THIS STATEMENT. IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF PAYING - DON'T offer. IF YOU CAN'T PLACE A PAYPAL PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS, AND NEED ADDITIONAL TIME. CONTACT ME. I WILL WORK WITH YOU IF NECESSARY. IF NO CONTACT IS MADE, I WILL REPORT THE SITUATION TO . I STRIVE TO PROVIDE A SAFE, EXPEDIENT, HONEST SERVICE TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO BE PATRONS.