Extremely Rare - C. 1880's - 1911 Nypd Police Collection Lot 1
This item has been shown 2116 times.
Extremely Rare - C. 1880's - 1911 Nypd Police Collection Lot 1:
Selling my collections after more than 30 years. Offered at this time, are EXTREMELY RARE U.S. police memorabilia mainly from the NEW YORK POLICE DEPARTMENT, some MUNCIPIAL. Many items offered would only be found in the best private collections, or museums and, if passed upon at this time, may never be seen again.These items, which I had collected while in the law enforcement community, are some of the items, remaining in my collection, as many of the pieces were previously donated to the Nat'l Law Enforcement Museum soon to open in Washington D.C.
UNFORTUNATELY these and following items were recently offered to the NLEM, but were declined due to financial constraints, and thus being offered for the first time to the general public.
OFFERED ARE EXTREMELY RARE EARLY c. 1880's to 1918 PERIOD MEMORIBILIA. MUCH SOUGHT AFTER, AND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION FOR BEING OVER 100 YEARS OLD. THESE ITEMS ''ARE RARE''. MANY ACTUALLY PURCHASED FROM POLICE MUSEUMS, AND COLLECTORS WHOSE COLLECTIONS OUTRANK MY OWN 10X's OVER. IF YOU LET THESE PASS FOR YOUR COLLECTION, YOU'LL CERTAINLY REGRET LETTING THEM GET AWAY.
OFFERED IN THIS LOT:
1. A 3/4 LENGTH FROCK. INTERIOR STICHED POCKETS BOTH ON A 45 DEGREE ANGLE FOR DRAWING SERVICE REVOLVER.
2. A IVORY & EBONY PRESENTATION BATON (SEE THIRD PIC FOR INSCRIPTION). APPOINTED FEBRUARY 18TH 1885, AS OF 1910 WAS LISTED AS A CAPTAIN WITH THE 167th PRECINCT.
3. (4) NIGHTSTICKS, TWO OF WHICH ARE NYPD #38, AND L473 WITH HAND WRITTEN TAG STATING LT. ABRAM W. SKIDMORE.
4. A HONORABLE MENTION MEDAL. THIS IS THE FIRST DEPARTMENTAL MEDAL ISSUED FOR VALOR. IT WAS FIRST ISSUED IN 1888. AFTER 1889 THE MEDAL WAS REFERRED AS THE "DEPARTMENT MEDAL" OR THE "MEDAL OF HONOR". LAST ISSUED IN 1911. THIS ULTRA RARE MEDAL IS #184.
5. IN 1898 WITH THE MERGER OF THE 5 BOROUGHS THE CITY'S DEPARTMENT BECAME THE NYPD. THE AMERICAN RAILWAY SUPPLY CO SUPPLIED THEIR FIRST SHIELDS. THIS IS DETECTIVE #174.
6. HONOR LEGION / POLICE DEPARTMENT / COMRADE BADGE. THIS IS THE EARLY VERSION AS THE COMRADE WAS LATER CHANGED TO MEMBER. IN ORDER TO BELONG TO THE ORGANIZATION ONE HAD TO HAVE BEEN AWARDED SOME SORT OF MEDAL FOR VALOR.
7. A PAIR INCLUDING:A CHIEF's VISOR CAP (UNKNOWN DEPT). AND A NYPD SERGEANT HELMET. THE PLATE FOR THE SERGEANT IS A 1902 VERSION. HELMETS WERE DISCONTINUED IN 1906.
8. AN EARLY BASKET STYLE VISOR CAP (UNKNOWN MAKER) / AND A SUMMER ROSETOP HELMET, ALSO UNKNOWN. ROSETOPS WERE POPULAR PRIMARILY IN THE N.E., BUT THEY WERE ALSO WORN IN LONG ISLAND NY.
9. A VISOR CAP #5 BELONGING TO A CHARLES HARRISON OF THE MONROE P.D. NEW JERSEY, 1913. / AND A WINTER ROSETOP #392 (UNKNOWN DEPARTMENT).
A LEATHER COVERED 10" BEAN ''FLEXIBLE'' POLICE CLUB. SOME 30,000 WERE MADE, FIRST PATENTED 09/29/1874.
GENERIC POLICE BELT CIRC. 1880's,
A PATENTED` 1892 MECHANICAL NIPPER, LOOKS LIKE A PHILLIPS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CURRENTLY IN THE "LAST PHOTO" OF THIS OFFERING, YOU WILL SEE A HOLSTER & 1896 COLT PAPERWORK DESCRIBING AN ITEM THAT WOULD BE INCLUDED. THIS ITEM IS ENGRAVED WITH "NEW YORK POLICE" ON THE BACKSTRAP. IS ALSO ENGRAVED WITH THE SERGEANT'S RANK AND INITIALS ON THE BUTT. THE SGT. WAS APPOINTED 1866, AND RETIRED 1897. THIS WAS ONLY THE SECOND SHIPMENT SENT BY COLT TO THE NEW YORK POLICE. THE NYPD WASN'T ESTABLISHED UNTIL 1898. THESE WERE ORDERED DUE TO THE EFFORTS OF THE THEN BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONER MEMBER THEODORE ROOSEVELT, WHO STRIVED TO STANDARDIZE EQUIPMENT & STANDARDS OF CONDUCT FOR THE FORCE.ALL pictures are of other items WILL BE INCLUDED AS WELL WITH FREE SHIPPING w/in the U.S.Offered for future sales, will include other lots of U.S. Police items, and should any interest be made regarding these other items, I will place them up earlier if possible. Items will include Police, Authentic Confederate War of Secssession, Military postcards, Connoisseur Toy Soldiers.
All purchased items will be insured for their value: you can offer with confidence. Be assured that your purchase will be given the care and respect that I myself would require.
(FREE SHIPPING WITHIN UNITED STATES).(ALL OTHER COUNTRIES ONLY ACTUAL POSTAL RATES ARE CHARGED ANYWHERE). NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES INCURRED (if any), BY FOREIGN NATIONS.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE BEFORE PURCHASING. YOU CAN SEND A MESSAGE THROUGH OR CALL ME AT M-F 09:00 - 21:00 hrs. Eastern Standard Time, United States, WITH ANY BUYERS ARE WELCOME!
I PACKAGE ALL ITEMS WHEN A offer IS PLACED, AS TO EXPEDITE THE SHIPPING PROCESS (for the buyer). RECENTLY A FEW BUYER'S HAVE "NOT PAID", DESPITE BEING CONTACTED IN A POLITE MANNER.BECAUSE OF THIS I AM FORCED TO PLACE THIS STATEMENT. IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF PAYING - DON'T offer. IF YOU CAN'T PLACE A PAYPAL PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS, AND NEED ADDITIONAL TIME. CONTACT ME. I WILL WORK WITH YOU IF NECESSARY. IF NO CONTACT IS MADE, I WILL REPORT THE SITUATION TO . I STRIVE TO PROVIDE A SAFE, EXPEDIENT, HONEST SERVICE TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO BE PATRONS.