Extremely Rare - C. 1880's - 1911 Nypd Police Collection Lot 3
This item has been shown 205 times.
Extremely Rare - C. 1880's - 1911 Nypd Police Collection Lot 3:
Selling my collections after more than 30 years. Offered at this time, are EXTREMELY RARE U.S. police memorabilia mainly from the NEW YORK POLICE DEPARTMENT, some MUNICIPAL. Many items offered would only be found in the best private collections, or museums and, if passed upon at this time, may never be seen again.These items, which I had collected while in the law enforcement community, are some of the items, remaining in my collection, as many of the pieces were previously donated to the Nat'l Law Enforcement Museum soon to open in Washington D.C.
UNFORTUNATELY these and following items were recently offered to the NLEM, but were declined due to financial constraints, and thus being offered for the first time to the general public.
OFFERED ARE EXTREMELY RARE EARLY c. 1880's to 1918 PERIOD MEMORIBILIA. MUCH SOUGHT AFTER, AND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION FOR BEING OVER 100 YEARS OLD. THESE ITEMS ''ARE RARE''. MANY ACTUALLY PURCHASED FROM POLICE MUSEUMS, AND COLLECTORS WHOSE COLLECTIONS OUTRANK MY OWN 10X's OVER. IF YOU LET THESE PASS FOR YOUR COLLECTION, YOU'LL CERTAINLY REGRET LETTING THEM GET AWAY.
OFFERED IN THIS LOT:
1. A N.Y.P.D. 3/4 LENGTH FROCK. INTERIOR STICHED POCKETS BOTH ON A 45 DEGREE ANGLE FOR DRAWING SERVICE REVOLVER.
2. A FANTASTIC N.Y.P.D. IVORY & ROSEWOOD PRESENTATION BATON, WITH A "GOLD" 1 1/2"x 1" SHIELD INCRIBED. (SEE THIRD PIC FOR INSCRIPTION). PRESENTED TO LIEUT. JOHN C, AMON BY THE MEMBERS OF THE 12th PRECINCT JANUARY 21st. 1909. A BEAUTIFULLY CARVED BATON, WITH NO FLAWS, AND EVEN PATINA. A ONE OF A KIND. A HEART BREAKER TO LET GO.
3. A (N.Y.P.D.) NEW YORK VETERAN POLICE ASSOCIATION SHIELD #3390. ISSUED TO RETIREES.
4. (N.Y.P.D.) WORLD WAR 1 VETERANS MEDAL: ISSUED TO RETURNING VETERANS WHO LEFT THE DEPARTMENT TO SERVE OVERSEAS DURING WORLD WAR 1. A BEAUTIFUL MEDAL, WELL THOUGHT OUT.
5. PAIR OF N.Y.P.D. VISOR & WINTER POLICE HELMET:N.Y.P.D. VISOR 1902 PATTERN PLATE #1378,
N.Y.P.D. WINTER HELMET WITH THE 1898 PATTERN CONSOLIDATION HELMET PLATE.
6.WINTER POLICE HELMET HAS A HELMET PLATE WHICH WAS VERY POPULAR IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. IT'S PLATE IS #17, AND READS POLICE DEPARTMENT.
7. PAIR CONSISTING OF A VISOR & SUMMER POLICE HELMET:POLICE WREATH VISOR CAP MADE BY "ABORN", 25A COCK SQUARE BOSTON. GENERIC SIDE "P" BUTTONS, SOME MOTHING TO FELT, BRIGHT COLOR.
SUMMER POLICE HELMET #9. MADE BY THE "YELLOW ROSE HAT CO." TERRE HAUTE, IND.
8. (4) NIGHTSTICKS, TWO OF WHICH ARE NYPD #9574 & #23.
9. A LEATHER COVERED 11 1/2" BEAN ''FLEXIBLE'' POLICE CLUB. SOME 30,000 WERE MADE, FIRST PATENTED 09/29/1874.
(1) 10 1/4" DAYSTICK.
(1) 14 1/4" IRISH BOG STICK. THESE WERE A FAVORITE, AND HIGHLY PRIZED POSSISSION ESPECIALLY TO THOSE OF THE IRISH HERITAGE WHO SERVED THE POLICE. IT IS SAID THAT MANY WOULD REQUEST FROM IRELAND TO HAVE THESE SPECIALLY CARVED IN MOTIFS WHICH WERE IMPORTANT. THIS BOG HAS SHAMROCKS INTERTWINED, WITH A HARP, AND FERNS. THROUGHOUT THE YEARS I ONLY IMAGINE HOW MANY "PERKS" HAD A SHAMROCK IMBEDDED IN THEIR FOREHEADS AS A REMINDER OF ANY ENCOUNTER.
(1) PATENTED` DECEMBER 25, 1888 THOMAS & SMITH MECHANICAL NIPPER.
(1) NIGHTSTICK LEATHER HOLDER.
(1) PAIR OF VERY EARLY 1880's / 1890's POLICE SPATS / ANKLE LEGGINGS.PERFECT CONDITION, NO MOTHING OR FADING. THESE BUTTONED AROUND THE ANKLES FOR SUPPORT, AND THEN STRAPPED UNDER THE EXTERIOR OF THE SHOES BY THE HEEL TO SECURE. RARE IN THE FACT THAT THESE ARE ONLY THE FIRST THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. I HAVE A PICTURE OF A OFFICER WEARING A PAIR.
10. (1) GENERIC POLICE BELT CIRC. 1880's.
(1) A PRE "COME ALONG" NIPPER. OFFERED HERE IS A EARLY TEXAS BRAIDED COME ALONG WITH WOOD HANDLES. SAME PRINCIPLE AS IT'S LATER COUSINS MADE OF METAL. I CONSERVATIVELY ESTIMATE THAT THESE WERE EARLY 1870's AT THE LATEST.
(3) MISC. VISOR CAP / HELMET POLICE WREATHS:
N.Y.P.D. #4065 PRONGED WREATH CIRC. 1872-1889.
WREATHED #6 LOOP SOLDERED (USED A SPRING STYLE WIRE INSERTED THROUGH THE LOOPS). POPULAR IN THE MID 80's - 1900.
WREATHED POLICE #536 PRESSURE PIN: EARLY 20th CENTURY.(18) GENERIC "POLICE BUTTONS MADE BYD. EVANS & CO. ATTABORO MASS. SIMPLY SAY "POLICE", 8 SIZED 7/8 DIA. / 10 SIZED 5/8.
(1) THE BLASTER POLICE WHISTLE, MADE IN USA - 1920"s -40's.
(1) NON-WORKING PAIR OF MATTATUCK HANDCUFF. PATENTED AUGUST 2, 1904. NO KEY.
ALL pictures are of other items which WILL BE INCLUDED AS WELL WITH FREE SHIPPING w/in the U.S.Offered for future sales, will include other lots of U.S. Police items, and should any interest be made regarding these other items, I will place them up earlier if possible. Items will include Police, Authentic Confederate War of Secssession, Military postcards, Connoisseur Toy Soldiers.
All purchased items will be insured for their value: you can offer with confidence. Be assured that your purchase will be given the care and respect that I myself would require.
(FREE SHIPPING WITHIN UNITED STATES).(ALL OTHER COUNTRIES ONLY ACTUAL POSTAL RATES ARE CHARGED ANYWHERE). NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES INCURRED (if any), BY FOREIGN NATIONS.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE BEFORE PURCHASING. YOU CAN SEND A MESSAGE THROUGH OR CALL ME AT M-F 09:00 - 21:00 hrs. Eastern Standard Time, United States, WITH ANY BUYERS ARE WELCOME!
I PACKAGE ALL ITEMS WHEN A offer IS PLACED, AS TO EXPEDITE THE SHIPPING PROCESS (for the buyer). RECENTLY A FEW BUYER'S HAVE "NOT PAID", DESPITE BEING CONTACTED IN A POLITE MANNER.BECAUSE OF THIS I AM FORCED TO PLACE THIS STATEMENT. IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF PAYING - DON'T offer. IF YOU CAN'T PLACE A PAYPAL PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS, AND NEED ADDITIONAL TIME. CONTACT ME. I WILL WORK WITH YOU IF NECESSARY. IF NO CONTACT IS MADE, I WILL REPORT THE SITUATION TO . I STRIVE TO PROVIDE A SAFE, EXPEDIENT, HONEST SERVICE TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO BE PATRONS.