State Police (Mississippi) Uniform Take-Off Shoulder Patch
State Police (Mississippi) Uniform Take-Off Shoulder Patch :
This item is sold as a collectable only
it does not convey any authority of any kindWorldwide Shippingon an actual cost basis
Sales of this item are in full compliance with
United StatesFederal Law: 18 USC § 716 et seq:
(1) knowingly transfers,transports, or receives, in interstate or foreign commerce, a counterfeitofficial insignia or uniform;
(2) knowingly transfers,in interstate or foreign commerce, a genuine official insignia or uniform to anindividual, knowing that such individual is not authorized to possess it underthe law of the place in which the badge is the official official insignia oruniform;
(3) knowingly receives agenuine official insignia or uniform in a transfer prohibited by paragraph (2);or
(4) being a person notauthorized to possess a genuine official insignia or uniform under the law ofthe place in which the badge is the official insignia or uniform, knowinglytransports that badge in interstate or foreign commerce, shall be fined underthis title or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both.
(b) Itis a defense to a prosecution under this section that the insignia or uniformis other than a counterfeit insignia or uniform and is not used to mislead ordeceive, or is used or is intended to be used exclusively—
(1) as a memento, or ina collection or exhibit;
(2) for decorativepurposes;
(3) for a dramatic presentation,such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or
(4) for any otherrecreational purpose.
(c) Asused in this section—
(1) the term “genuinepolice badge” means an official badge issued by public authority to identify anindividual as a law enforcement officer having police powers;
(2) the term“counterfeit police badge” means an item that so resembles a police badge thatit would deceive an ordinary individual into believing it was a genuine policebadge; and
(3) the term “officialinsignia or uniform” means an article of distinctive clothing or insignia,including a badge, emblem or identification card, that is an indicium of theauthority of a public employee;
(4) the term “publicemployee” means any officer or employee of the Federal Government or of a Stateor local government; and
(5) the term “uniform”means distinctive clothing or other items of dress, whether real orcounterfeit, worn during the performance of official duties and whichidentifies the wearer as a public agency employee.
(d) Itis a defense to a prosecution under this section that the official insignia oruniform is not used or intended to be used to mislead or deceive, or is acounterfeit insignia or uniform and is used or is intended to be usedexclusively—
(1) for a dramaticpresentation, such as a theatrical, film, or television production; or
(2) for legitimate lawenforcement purposes.