The Cop Block Tour kicked-off from Keene, NH in mid-January, 2013 and ended a month and 4,400-miles later at the Liberty Forum in Nashua, NH.
Each of the stops was different based on the individuals present and town size and layout, but included:
- getting acquainted with like-minded folks from the area
- sharing best-practices on how to safeguard ones rights
- delving into ideas on how best to achieve accountability
- brainstorming collaborative efforts to have a positive impact
- Copblocking and outreach to others in the area
Content collected on the road is now being edited and utilized for over-arching videos. Once published, it will be linked-to from this page.
For a relatively little bit of coin, a lot ideas and resources were shared and many good folks are now connected, thereby lessening the ability of the fear peddled by those who claim a “legitimate” right to initiate force to take hold.
Future tours may include know your rights trainings, coordinated outreach, in-depth investigations, and more.
Moving-forward, we can work together to proactively create a reality absent institutionalized violence.
The Cop Block Tour helped connect good people in two-dozen stops
View Cop Block Tour in a larger map
Updates during The Cop Block Tour were made via:
FreeKeene.com was the Featured Sponsor of The Cop Block Tour
The next great step for mankind is the step toward the voluntary society. We are going to accomplish this using peaceful, market-based actions. This is not a revolution. We are not revolving, or going back to the beginning. This is evolution. We are on the leading edge of thought, creating new ideas and wealth that have never existed before. Free Keene allows you to tap into the epicenter of the Peaceful Evolution, from wherever you are, to see it all unfold. Better still, you are encouraged to educate yourself about liberty and the voluntary society via our free audio books and then encouraged to move to Keene, withdraw from the old coercive society, and join the voluntary society.
FreeKeene.com – YouTube.com/FreeKeene – Facebook.com/FreeKeene – Twitter.com/411Keene
Other supporters of The Cop Block Tour helped make it a reality via donations received in-person or to CopBlock.org/Donate.
Ways Those Interested Were Asked to Help The Cop Block Tour:
- If you live in one of the cities that does not yet have a meetup location and time listed, feel free to suggest one by either weighing-in on the related Facebook Event or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The ideal location will have parking nearby and be a place where a small group can meet and chat. Past locations have included restaurants, meeting rooms, colleges, etc. Bonus points if the location is in an area or near to an area where Copblocking or outreach can occur, if folks present area interested.
- Put an posting on the most-relevant areas of the Craigslist pages where tour stops are to happen. Even a sentence trying to reach those interested in police accountability, or text copied/pasted from this page, will work great. Just be sure to include a link to this page or to the event for the stop in the specific city. Feel free to attach any graphics on this, or any other page at CopBlock.org, including CopBlock.org/Graphics.
- Put this page http://CopBlock.org/Tour on the radar of those in your sphere.
- Encourage friends in cities where the tour is to stop to join the meetup. The more good people who connect the better!
- Recommend stories that should be covered as the tour rolls into each area either weighing-in on the related Facebook Event or by emailing email@example.com
- Donate to help cover tour-related expenses CopBlock.org/Donate Getting this tour funded will be a good indicator that such a tactic can be replicated in the future on an even more-robust scale.
- Share your feedback or ideas on how this tour can have a bigger impact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This video, published in January 2013, provides background about CopBlock.org and identifies three areas, including a short tour, that are thought to be an effective use of resources to advance the fact that badges don’t grant extra rights.